VB Couples: A Weekend Outdoors
We're using Valentine's Day to kick off a series of overnight trip proposals for VB couples of all kinds. On this beautiful February day, we're sharing some of our favorite ways to get out and about for the couples who enjoy taking in the beauty of the world around them. No matter the season, there is no shortage of outdoor adventure to be had in our coastal city. From our beaches and parks, to the rural farming community of Pungo, there is no time like the present to get outside and explore together.
- Check into your cabin retreat at the historic First Landing State Park.
- Grab a couple of sandwiches from Taste Unlimited and head to Chesapeake Bay Beach for a laid-back afternoon picnic on a blanket together by the water. We recommend the Northender sandwich or one of their seasonal picks!
- Head back to the state park, rent a couple of kayaks and take in the sunset floating together on the serene Broad Bay.
- Spend the evening fireside back at the cabin with burgers on the grill for dinner and fire-roasted s’mores for dessert. Perfection.
- Kick your morning off with an invigorating hike among the ancient lagoons and towering cypress trees of the park.
- After a healthy breakfast at The Green Cat in the resort area, saddle up for a romantic horseback ride on the beach along the Atlantic coastline.
- When you are done recreating the covers of those cheesy romance novels, rest your legs and fuel up with a bite to eat dockside at Big Sam’s at the Rudee Inlet.
- Take a trip down to Sandbridge, where you can rent a couple of fat-tire bikes at Surf and Adventure Co. and ride right on the sand at Little Island Park. Sure, it’s a bit of a leg workout, but it’s totally worth it!
- Spend the rest of the afternoon exploring the untouched outdoors and the native wildlife at Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge and False Cape State Park.
- Finish your trip off with dinner fireside at Catch 31. We recommend the oysters Rockefeller and a couple glasses of wine. You’ve earned it!
Everywhere you look in Virginia Beach, opportunities abound to get outside with that special someone and explore the beauty of the city around us -- too many opportunities, in fact, to fit into one overnight trip. I guess you both will just have to come back. See you next time!