How to Spend an Extra Hour of Daylight in VB
Each year, Daylight Savings Time officially marks the unofficial beginning of a new season for us, and we can't wait to spring forward. While it’s easy to feel like we’re losing an hour by winding our clocks forward, we prefer to look forward to the extra hour of sun that will soon be tacked onto the end of each day. Gone are the days of leaving work in the dark. Here are some of the ways we are planning to savor that extra hour of daylight in true coastal style.
- Trek out for an afternoon hike at First Landing State Park.
- Grab a beer and some food-truck grub, and head out for an evening of lawn games at Green Flash Brewing.
- Cruise down the boardwalk on a beach cruiser.
- Grab a sandwich at Taste Unlimited, and head to Chesapeake Bay Beach for an afternoon picnic on the sand.
- Stroll around the ViBe Creative District for some local handmade swag.
- Look forward to the warmer days ahead with an orange crush out on the patio at Waterman’s.
- Monkey around up in the trees at the Adventure Park at Virginia Aquarium.
- Take in the sunset with a fish tacos and a cold drink at The Back Deck.
- Enjoy the beautiful views of the Rudee Inlet at dusk at Rudee’s Restaurant & Cabana Bar.
- Take the pooch for a walk at Little Island Park in Sandbridge.
- Relax to the sound of the tide as the kids play at Grommet Island Park.
- Pick some spring wildflowers down in Pungo.
With an extra hour to enjoy in the day, the options are seemingly endless. How will you savor it?