Fun Facts About KOOZA
The Cirque du Soleil KOOZA village is in town through August 16. Here are some interesting tidbits about our guests:
- KOOZA had its world premiere in April 2007 in Montreal and has played in approximately 47 cities in 12 countries on three different continents.
- More than 4 million people have seen KOOZA.
- The cast and crew of KOOZA represent Argentina, Australia, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Canada, China, Columbia, Ecuador, France, Hungary, India, Japan, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Mongolia, Romania, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Ukraine, United States and United Kingdom.
- French and English are the main languages spoken on tour; other languages are Chinese, Spanish and Russian.
- About 120 people travel with the tour, including 100 members of the cast and crew, and the rest are spouses and children. Fifty of the employees are performers.
- KOOZA is good business for Virginia Beach. The tour relies on locals for many essentials such as food, bio-diesel fuel, machinery, food and beverages, supplies for patrons, banking services, delivery services, recycling and waste management. KOOZA is injecting a significant amount of money into our local economy.
- During each city engagement, more than 120 locals are hired to help with ticketing, seating, janitorial services, administration, set up and tear down.
- The kitchen employs one kitchen manager and three cooks.
- Two performance medicine specialists travel with the tour.